How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Scranton
You realize you must defend your home. After all, it’s where your loved ones live and is where you have all of your valuables. But what form of home defense is right for you? Determining if you should get 24-hour monitoring is one of the chief decisions you need to make. Explore the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Scranton and see what’s best for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24/7 monitoring, your home’s defense links to a third-party monitoring service that is set to act at a moment’s notice. When a window sensor trips or a CO detector starts to sound, your monitoring specialists are issued a warning instantly. They quickly go to work to confirm the alarm and send the appropriate first responders.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include professional support. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your alarm goes off, you need to take action to resolve it. This possibility is the more affordable alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Scranton
Here’s a short overview of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always smart. If you are not on site, sleeping, or without your phone, your home and its occupants will still be watched over.
- Faster response times: Monitoring agents are always prepared. They’ll react in a speedier fashion to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security could entitle you to a price cut on your home insurance premium.
- Better equipment and flawless integration: By getting equipment, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security provider, you will enjoy a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be superior to what you will come across yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Have to get your system installed professionally: Countless residents prefer to have work done by qualified professionals, but some DIYers might want to do it by themselves.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically need to sign a contract as part of your package. This arrangement will be agreeable for many as home security is a benefit you will want indefinitely.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored Security System In Scranton
Here’s a quick overview of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t need to pay a monitoring bill.
- Self-installation: Some may deem this to be a benefit as they can do the installation themselves and not have an installation expense. Other residents may want to go with a skilled technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You may incorporate equipment when you wish - and from your choice of manufacturer. However, you may find incorporating into a fully connected system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your home’s defense. If an emergency unfolds, you’re in charge of getting help.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What if you’re away from your cell phone and don’t see a security notification? This circumstance will lead to additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: As you are the only one in control, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you require help during an installation, you may have to pay for someone else. The installation is also likely to take more time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Scranton
Stay protected at all times with a monitored home security system in Scranton from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored home defense system is the right option for your family. Contact (570) 217-8895 today to speak with our security experts.