Should You Use Wireless Home Security Systems In Scranton?
There was a time not long ago when wired components were your only choice when designing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of positioning a video camera on a countertop or controlling your implements with a smartphone. With that being said, home security has changed dramatically over the years, due in large part to the emergence of wireless systems. You presently have a wealth of additional perks to enjoy -- like remote access, seamless smart devices, and quicker installations. Wireless home security systems in Scranton will defend your home while adding convenience to your life.
Things To Think About When Going Wireless
Arguably the most important facet of wireless home security can be summed up in two words - internet connection. If you have access to high-performance internet and a quality Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for wireless equipment.
If you’re concerned about the internet going down or the loss of power, search for systems that have cellular and battery backups at hand to keep you connected to your monitoring professionals indefinitely.
When you reside in an area without reliable cellular or internet access, a wired installation will in all probability be a wiser option. Or It may also benefit you from a financial standpoint to opt for a wired installation if you move into a home that has security wiring already connected.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Scranton will boost the safety of your property, which is the primary purpose in the first place. However, if you prefer the idea of having the most current tech, check out these perks of wireless:
- Remote access: Gain access to all the components in your house from your locks to your security cameras from your mobile device with the ADT Control app. You have the ability to view footage from cameras, switch on your connected lights, and even arm your system if you forgot to do so. Whenever a security event takes place, you are able to have alerts sent directly to your phone.
- Easy to install and customize: Forget about all the messy wiring, damage to drywall, and time-consuming installations. The great thing about wireless components is that you can place them virtually anywhere and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you want to update later with the latest equipment, integrating elements into your system is not complicated.
- Interactions between components: Wireless functionality makes smart home interactions possible with fast, bi-directional communications. You can set your devices to take action in specified scenarios to increase your security and dissuade intrusions. For instance, if your exterior video camera discovers suspicious activity on your property, it can instantly direct your inside lights to engage.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Scranton
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Scranton have proven to be dependable, it’s understandable if you are a little hesitant about installing one. Let’s take a look at a few of the most prevalent concerns:
- Battery-run wireless elements might stop working if the battery is depleted. While this might be true, your smart implements will alert you whenever batteries need to be changed.
- Sensors generally have to be positioned within a certain distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders for some packages to boost your versatility.
- Similar to other computer networks, the risk of hacking persists. The good news is that you can do things to prevent this by using hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default passwords or settings, and selecting a router with a built-in firewall. You should also only use security devices with encryption of 128-bit or higher.
Thinking About Going Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Experts
Would you like to reap the benefits of the latest in Scranton wireless home security? Call (570) 217-8895 to consult with the security experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will help you design the most suitable package for your residence.