Modern smart security installations are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Even so, you may still neglect to do easy security duties like activating your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these tasks in the future? When you implement geofencing in Scranton, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Scranton For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you can customize within your cell phone app. The technology then tracks your cell phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart components utilize to interact with each other. This technological advancement takes smart home devices further by centralizing all components onto the same network. You are then able to institute a unique boundary around your home and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the prearranged border line.
To illustrate, as soon as you leave your premises, you could set your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even change your smart thermostat.
Here are some of the components you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your home’s security system in Scranton. With the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. In a few easy touches of the app interface, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to engage at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to dim to signal that it's bedtime, or deactivate your alarms as you start your day.
● Control device interactions: Make specific devices engage based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the exhaust fan if a smoke detector goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system detects unusual motion outside.
● Set a scene: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that function in unison. Make your lighting switch off, the A/C go down, and the locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for movie night with specific lighting and HVAC levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm if you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Scranton
Whether you’re looking for additional certainty of a fully secured property whenever you go to work or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (570) 217-8895 or complete the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.